JOB DESCRIPTION & TITLE: PRODUCTION PLANNING MANAGER
REPONSIBLE TO: Managing Director
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To create a workable and sustainable production plan, manage all tracking of production & evaluating production planning against production targets, ensuring constant improvements are made. Communicate clearly requirements from office to production team for sampling, bulk production & packing.
Ensure all client deadlines for sampling and production are met.
Set production targets per department and individual workers, collating all information and presenting to MD to gauge both progress and problem areas.
Work to constantly improve working process and procedures, communicating all possible improvements with MD.
Setting up report system from all departments for all cost accounting requirements for Finance dept.
• Use production planning templates to formulate workable production plan based on ex-factory dates.
• Distribute production plan to all relative parties.
• Chair daily production meetings with management and workshop supervisors.
• Monitor and collect production figures from ALL departments on a daily basis from barcode tracking system. Print off daily reports to monitor progress and find possible issues as early as possible in order to resolve as a team.
• Collect all individual production target results from dept supervisors on a daily basis and collate information in comparative format before supplying to MD.
• Provide clear communication from account servicing, office manager & MD to all required production departments.
• Follow sample production schedule to ensure production plan and ex-factory dates are reached. Any potential issues with achieving dates should be brought to attention of Account Servicing & MD.
• Ensure Quality Control checks are carried out more regularly in all production departments, with QC staff keeping clear records of all inspection.
• At end of each salesmen sample and bulk production lot, collect and file all of the following information from each department supervisor:
– Yarn weights in & out (logistics dept)
– Total units produced and shipped
– Total units downgraded
– Total units overmake
– Total days in production per dept, including number of staff who worked on each production lot.
• Liaise with Accounts Servicing in regards to packing instructions, ensuring that all goods are packed according to client requirements by QC/Packing Supervisor.
• Liaise with office manager prior to good being packed in order to ensure his instructions re: packing list quantities are followed by relative staff. Double check quantities after packing to confirm all is in order.
• Before any sample or bulk production begins, make sure that all workshop supervisors have in hand the required style information.
• Organise production meetings before any style begins production to ensure everyone is clear on all client requirements.
• Liaise with Finance Manager to set up cost account reporting system from all relevant production departments.
• Draft and delegate all reporting requirements from logistics, knitting and make-up (linking, handsewing, machine sewing, labelling, packing) departments based on finance requests.
• Ensure all required information is gathered within 3 days of any production lot being shipped out and passed on to finance department.
Good excel skills
Excellent communication and motivational skills
Management experience in textile manufacturing
JOB DESCRIPTION & TITLE: STOLL M1+ PROGRAMMER
REPONSIBLE TO: Managing Director
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: Creating high quality M1+ programs for Stoll CMS530 & ADF machines.
• Liaising with clients and in some cases Beijing Alphatex to confirm all correct specifications before creating computer knitting programs.
• Go through client techpacks with Account Servicing and ensure all points are clear and important points to note are well covered before producing anything.
• Produce test swatches to achieve correct tension before programming begins.
• Perform swatch trials on all stitches used throughout garment to ensure look and tension are workable.
• Create all required Stoll computer knitting programs for both sampling and bulk production.
• Creating full size sets which are within the client required tolerance and fully prepared for linking & other make-up work needed after panel knitting is complete.#
• Creating full knitting statement & production instructions for all make-up departments; linking, handsewing, washing, pressing, machine sewing, woven work so that all department supervisors are clear on all work required to complete finished samples as per client requirement.
• Oversee sampling process to ensure quality and specifications match client requirement.
• Produce full size-set of pre-production samples to confirm all is in order before bulk production commences.
• Liaise closely with knitting department Manager and Stoll machine operators to ensure any samples/production are running at optimum level.
• Assist the Knitting Dept. Manager in being vigilant throughout workshop to ensure all machines are being kept running by operators.
• Other duties as and when Company Directors require, for the good of Albion Knitting.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with M1+ programming.
• Experience in M1+ programming for Stoll ADF machines.
• Stoll knitting machine handling experience, both CMS530 & CMS502 machines.
• Multi-gauge Stoll knitting experience.
• General excel & computing skills.